Sunday, August 10, 2008

Missing home

I have this task to come up with ideas on poster/banner to promote this coming Merdeka Exhibition event in The Gardens. To be honest, I am not *that* keen in coming out with ideas cos the poster needs to have unity, one nation, peace and harmony shit to reflect how the country is but seriously, we're not exactly up there yet. With all the screwed up politics we have not forgetting the racism here and there...sigh. But I still need to do it bah.



Looks like crap.

I've been missing home a lot lately. Miss my home, my cats, my mom's cooking, the next door cuzzies, the girlfriends night out...damn. I've been saving up so that I've got enough money to buy me an air ticket to fly home but at the current moment, I'm not even sure when will I be home for the holidays. Term break is starting next week but it only applies to the students. At times like this, I wished I was still a college student. Sheesh. Next term, I'll be handling more teaching jobs and to tell you the truth, I am scared like shit. I don't think I'm even considered to be a good and inspiring tutor yet. Still so many things to learn but at the same time, need to have the courage to face all the challenges too. Ohgawd, I hate being an adult!

On the other note, the opening for this year's Olympic was AMAZING. Really impressed with the performances though I missed quite a lot and today Michael Phelps won his first goal medal on the 400m medley. w00t! 

Monday is coming soon...

4 comments:

fie the elf said...

im only gonna goback to kk in dec =(

Vivien Dumpangol said...

elfie: hey, i think i'll only be back to kk in dec too! and probably in early sept, that 's if my cousin and her fiancee has already set the date. if not, then will be saving my cuti to go home and celebrate xmas in kk.

Anne Marie said...

Hang in there V! Ya, kami blum ada date lagi... It's driving me nuts!

Vivien Dumpangol said...

bah, just inform me any updates or apa2 ja lah hehe.