Thursday, March 05, 2009

Grow old with you

Someday if I am going to tie the knot, I would definitely (well hopefully) design my own wedding invitation. It's one of the things that I've always wanted to do heh. Have I ever mentioned that I love wedding invites? I have a whole lot of collections that I've kept for years at home.

Anyway, hopefully when I have the chance to design my own wedding invite, I would really love to make it memorable so that people can keep it and won't forget me and the (future) husband: Edward Cullen haha. I found this really interesting wedding invite via Design For Mankind and I absolutely love the idea!



In October 2008, director of Mash Dom
Roberts was lucky enough to marry the
beautiful Helena. Dom took a week away
from other projects to concentrate on
creating a unique and memorable piece 
to be used as a wedding invitation. The
concept was to use the concept of ‘growing
old together’. Face shots were then taken 
of the bride and groom which Dom then
used as a basis to create a chronological
representation of their aging faces into the
future. 10, 20, 30 and 40 years into the
future, growing old together. The scarily
realistic results where then presented in
an A5 booklet on uncoated paper with
thread stitching. This was packaged in a
specially designed pack and printed with
one colour ink. Many a laugh was had by
those invited to the big day.

Official website here *click*

As expected, this week has been a busy week for me. I have replacement classes everyday and I almost forgot one of the important tasks to do which is archiving students' artworks. Okay, I did not forget la...just that there are still a few more archives to be done but I forgot about the dateline (it's tomorrow btw). Can't wait for the long weekends again where I will have the chance to go to the cinema and watch new movies! =D Aight, back to watching American Idol. Nites.

No comments: