Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Monuments and melodies

Here are the wedding photos of my cousin (oklah, actually my nephew) Shah and his wife Shafinaz, starting off with the Akad Nikah ceremony which was held on June 8th at Sutera House, Sutera Harbour. It was actually my first time ever attending a malay wedding so it was definitely a good experience and I'm really great to have attended the event; even if I had to use up my savings to buy the air ticket and cancelling some of my classes. Just like the rest of my close cousins, I've known Shah for sooo long and I wouldn't miss the chance to attend his biggest day of his life. If you're in my FB list, you've probably seen these pictures already :)

Photobucket
Before the Akad Nikah started, there was a photo shoot going on near the gazebo outside.

Photobucket
This would be my favourite part of the house.

Photobucket
I thought the Akad Nikah process was going to be long but instead it was pretty fast and easy too.

Photobucket

Photobucket
The Imam doing all the explaining while Shah listened intently.

Photobucket
This is also my first time ever seeing Shah's wife in person.

Photobucket
Exchanging of rings.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Spot the iPhone :)

Photobucket
Then the merenjis session starts...

Photobucket
Here are the cousins who grew up with Shah too.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Whitney and Nado has grown!

Photobucket
First cousins. Valerie (in green) just got married last Saturday but too bad I wasn't able to attend it.

Photobucket
With Myq who came all the way from Manila. This is my second time meeting him. Met him for the first time back in January 2008. *click* A very nice lad indeed :)

Photobucket
With Drey, my florist partner hehe.

Photobucket
Borrowed Jesse's baju kurung that night. I think we all looked lovely here :)

Photobucket
Last but not least, this is Shah taking a break and lepak-ed with us for a while in Mierah's room.

Not that much photos to share actually but that pretty much sums up the Akad Nikah ceremony. After everybody went home, Drey and I continued working as florists because we still need to work on removing thorns from the roses andddd guess what time we went home? 5.30am. Yeap, no kid. That was after transferring all the flowers to Magellan Sutera Ballroom. Managed to watch the sunrise from my bedroom window and slept till noon.

Will post the pictures during the reception in Magellan right after I have the time to edit it. Been having trouble sleeping the last two days. Not sure if the insomnia is coming back to hunt me again but I've been waking up at 3-4am and after that I find it so effin' hard to get back to sleep again. The weather's been shitty too hence it's draining all my energy to work.

P/S: Incubus's greatest hits album is out now!

3 comments:

maslight said...

Congrats to Shah. OMG, the last time I saw him was when he was a baby. @_@

Vivien Dumpangol said...

ohhh u know him too? memang la kk is very small bah kan haha...

Anonymous said...

Hi cuz vien,

kakak want to thank you for making the trip as well as helping with the preparations especially the flower arrangements plucking the thorns from the roses. etc and missing the beauty sleep..but i must say in the photos all of u ladies look so beautiful and eventhough semua kita no time pi visit the hairstylist... on 9th June had a terrible headache some say 'keteguran'.. tears juz flow.. as I remember my mum said to me on the hospital bed when she just found out that she has 'cancer' as I had to break the sad & terrible new to her... she asked me how long did the doctor predict she will last..and I said about 6 months..and she said..odoii gia ,,tidaklah saya dapat tengok anak kau kahwin....so she might have tegur me..I know she is always watching from above and the same as my late dad, father-in-law and son, beloved Azlan...
Mas light... ya I remember you, as when we moved to the house (after our house in Pinetop was burnt down and shah was just a couple of months old) at gaya park infornt of the Water Department, your family were our next door neighbours...
Thanks a million... bah jangan lupa bagitau kakak awal bila your big day comes kio..