Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tiger Roars

Photobucket
For bigger version click here
Medium: Gesso, Acrylic, Indian Ink on Recycled Cardboard

Finally finished this painting! I slept for 4 straight hours as soon as I reached home from Penang. Went to have a late dinner (11pm) at Boston Mentari, stayed on to have a chat with Ivan and then when I reached home, I decided to finish the painting once and for all. Not sure if this painting is nice or not but if you do think it is, then I really appreciate it :D Still working on to be better bah. Next painting...I was thinking of painting a parrot. Yay/Nay?

Anyway, I think for the coming 3 months or so I will be busy...not only with the weekly travelling that I have to go through but I've to prepare tons of stuff for all the classes. The only day that I don't have any classes to lecture is today (Thursday) but then I still have 1830479065 things to do once I am back in PJ. So I might not be able to blog as much now but I'll try to update as much as I can from time to time.

Been doing this experiment on creating my own hand carved stamps inspired by this artist. Actually I need to show this for my class tomorrow so I've been working on it at the office today. I guess I need more patience with carving a nice curve shape. The one in the picture below looks baddd. But it's just the first attempt. Will get more erasers soon! Oh, did you know that you can make your own stamps with an eraser. So easy and cheap plus fun to do as well :D
Photobucket

Photobucket

Next post would be about my short trip back home. Watch out for it! Till then, have a nice day people!

I like this quote from this week's episode of HIMYM.

“Everyone's got some baggage; it's part of life.
But like anything else, it's easier when someone gives you a hand with it.”
— Ted Mosby (How I Met Your Mother)

No comments: