Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Neutron star collision

(source)
Last Saturday, before meeting up with my cousins in the evening, I told myself that I needed some 'ME' time, you know spending time with myself without anyone to distract me haha. So I decided to watch Eclipse in the cinema. Two years back, I admit I was quite a 'fangirl' on the whole Twilight hoopla. But now...not so much and I've got Damon Salvatore to thank to heheh. So anyway, I didn't managed to watch Eclipse when it was released during the first week of July because I didn't want to be surrounded by crazy fanatic tweens (who might attack me if I laugh at Edward Cullen's cheesy line to Bella) and I wanted to finish reading the book first before watching it. Turns out, I only managed to read 22 chapters out of the 27 chapters of that book. Like I said, I've been reading the book on and off since last year and still couldn't even finish it. Slow reader pffft. But, I guess it's okay because I already knew some of the important stories so it was easy for me to understand the entire movie already.

My verdict of the movie? Well, I actually like it! I reckon this 3rd instalment was probably the best one :D The same goes for the book. For sure there were some cheesy part in the movie, no denying on that...especially the part where Edward proposes to Bella. I don't really find it that romantic at all! And Bella, what's up with you being all uptight all the time? It just made me think that Bella sucks in showing any emotion at all. Even her body language proved it as well.  Another minor thing that I found in the movie was, it doesn't really follow the sequence like what I've read in the book. One example was, Bella found out Leah Clearwater was a wolf when she visited the Quilettes in the first early scene. But in the book, she only found out about it halfway, when Jacob told her about it. Another one was when Bella found out that Jacob was actually the Alpha of his wolf gang, according to the book it was Edward who told it to Bella first.

But apart from some of the cheesy scenes and all, the overall movie was enjoyable to watch. Not sure about you, but that's just my opinion. I liked the fact that Jasper has more things to talk about and I was actually looking forward for his part where he told his story to Bella on how and when he first became a vampire. Is it just me or I think that he's hotter than Edward now? Hahaha. I also liked the part where the vamps and the wolf gang gathered for a quick training session where Jasper thought them how to fight the newborns. Ohhh, and also the part when Bella and Edward went up to the mountains and Jacob had to be the body heat for Bella during night time. Awkward moment between Edward and Jacob but  it was pretty funny lol.

So yeah, it was quite a good movie and if I were to rate, it would be about 6.5/10. You know, I thought that when I went to watch the movie last week, there wouldn't be that much people anymore since it was already the end of July but I was wrong. There were still sooo many tweens inside who screamed everytime they saw Jacob topless or the time when Edward defeated Victoria. Just glad that none of 'em were sitting next to me though. Well, looking forward to read the last book soon. Speaking of reading, I really need to get back into reading more books during the semester break and also start of the painting that I've been planning to do.

Can you believe it's August already? Next week would be the last week of the semester, I will be dead busy doing all the gradings but  one thing I look forward to is I'm going back to KK soon! It's actually my 3rd trip back this year and there's gonna be another trip back during Christmas :D You must be thinking how nice it is for me to keep making trips to go back home as if I've got all the money in the world right? Well, you're wrong. It's not easy for me to even survive here hence the reason why I had to work *extra* hard, going  out of town and all. So, please don't get the wrong idea. If I had the chance to make a trip home, why wouldn't I grab it right? Spending time with families are important to me. I'm sure you know that too. Plus it's good to just get away from the hustle and bustle of city life once in a while and actually spend some time in a more laid-back city like KK ♡ Oh, I am also gonna make a trip to my mom's hometown, Tawau too! Just 3 more weeks to go...

8 comments:

simone said...

3rd installment I'm totally in love with Jasper because he has more dialog and he looks better....

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hahaha yeah, even when he's not a vampire...macam dia lagi good looking than robert pattinson ni hehe.

Anne Marie said...

Yessss! I feel the same way about Jasper! Whew~ I thought i was the only one and i kept it to myself. Hahahaha!

Gila punya banyak corny lines... i was like (fanning myself & making vomits sounds) 'skip to the next scene! skip to the next scene!' while i still have 30% feelings left for edward cullen aka rob pattinson. Hahahahaha!

the girl who replaced the previous victoria pun 2x5 sama bella ni. mcm x emotion oh..

but overall the story line was nice. :)

can't wait for Sept though. TVD S2!!!

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hehe...yeah, i still felt that the chemistry between edward and bella are not there yet. always looked like they're in an awkward, uptight relationship. but dang, jasper's hot kan! hahaha....suka diam-diam lah ni hahahaha....cos merl likes him too lol.

simone said...

Through out the movie I was like 'OMG Jasper x 5' hahahha....excited sia nie...some of the scene bikin grigritan kan? and yes Bella and Edward the chemistry SO NOT THERE YET. Entah la macam 3 movie sudah ni masih lagi gitu...you all prasan or not the new Victoria not as pretty as the last one? But her eye make-up ba...punya baaasar mata dia...

Vivien Dumpangol said...

i like the old victoria wayyy better. agree with anne, this new one pun teda expression. bila dia tau dia kalah sudah masih lagi macam buat teda2 ja ni hahaha. jasper definitely X5! hahah. edward macam gained weight oh lol! how can! he's a vegetarian!

simone said...

Edward gained weight? Seriously ba? Haha... Yeah i do think the other Victoria is WAY better...

Vivien Dumpangol said...

not exactly gained...but his face looked square-er in eclipse...compared to how he looked like in twilight.