Friday, October 08, 2010

On track

It's been quite a while since I got myself back on track to do some art & design stuffs. I know for the last 8 months, I gave myself a perfect excuse to not do anything artsy because whenever I'm at home, I've been feeling tired since I had to travel back and forth to Penang every week. But now since I'm not flying there anymore, I should REALLY get back on track if not my skills will soon be rusty.

Anyway, did some printmaking experiments (actually just two) for my Visual Com class last night.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Did a stencil printing for the Twitter whale on Chinese calligraphy paper.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I know you've probably seen this owl several times now :P Tested this owl for silk screen printing...

Photobucket

Photobucket
Result! The paper is really thin so, the outcome might not be that great. But I'll try to print it on one of my shirts soon :) I'm currently planning to do another silk screen on owls, hopefully if I can get my design ready by today, then I could start doing the test print tomorrow.

And this...well, I'm just helping a friend out to do some designs for a Twitter background. More to come *crosses fingers*

2 comments:

Ivan Ho said...

wow. renovated, good color combination

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hahaha...thank you!