Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Ask and ye shall be given

Today, I had dinner with a good friend of mine who was also my old college mate at the stall right outside where we stayed. We were basically catching up with each other, talking about lots of stuff since I haven't seen him for quite sometime. While we were talking about a particular subject that I kind of wanting to avoid, he said something to me that makes me wonder...

He said, "Well, you've never asked before right? If you did, you will get it." He then continued to ask me, "Why didn't you asked before? Were you afraid it'll fail?" I didn't want to reply him so I just smiled but I think deep down, I am after all afraid. True story.

My friend has a point there... so the next time when I pray to GOD, I will ask and *cross my fingers* hope that I will receive it eventually. I don't know when but I believe that GOD will give us good gifts. Well, that is if we do pray according to his will right?

Luke 11:9-10
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks, it will be opened.

4 comments:

Santafire said...

I hope you get your answer soon.
Even if His answer is no, He is trying to tell you something. Plus if He said yes, then it makes all the waiting worth it^^

Vivien Dumpangol said...

yeap yeap...i hope i can the answers soon too:) but sabar ja for now hehe...

Aminah Ambrose said...

I hope your prayers will be answered my dear cousin.. Sebak rasa hati today as already 3 years of my beloved 'Lan's passing..May his soul rest in Peace. Amen..

Vivien Dumpangol said...

thanks kak. yes, missing wan as well. pray that his soul will rest in peace.