Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Kai Iwi!

Since I don't really have anything to blog about at the moment, let me post some more backdated photos taken while I was staying in Wanganui. During the early summer of 2007, (actually it was 3 days after the brand new year) Dee Dee and Ken brought me to visit Kai Iwi Beach which was about 20 minutes drive from the city. We brought some leftover foods for BBQ as well. Upon reaching there, I was absolutely AMAZED by just looking at the beach! It was beautiful and we were blessed for the nice weather as well. I wrote a short post about the beach here *click*

Kai Iwi Beach
One thing that I found quite special about Kai Iwi beach is the colour of the sands. It's darker compared to what you can find here in Malaysia.

Kai Iwi Beach

Kai Iwi Beach

Kai Iwi Beach

Kai Iwi Beach

Kai Iwi Beach
Eventhough it was summer, it was very windy while we were at the beach. So I still had to put on my pasar malam jacket heh. Bought that jacket from a pasar malam in Uptown btw.

DSC00204

DSC00205

DSC00207

DSC00215
click on the photos for larger view or visit my flickr

I really wished I had taken more scenic photos! I was supposed to go there for the second time with my classmates when school re-opened the next month but I chose to go to Save Mart thrifting second hand clothes instead -__-

Hmm..there's too many things that I miss about Wanganui but for me to go back there again...it might not be anytime soon. Though I am hoping I can continue getting my Honours or even Masters there. But then again, it's not exactly easy at this moment seeing that money's been the main issue and all. I guess if I am determine to go and continue my studies, I gotta do a real hardcore save up. I'm not even sure if my mum can help me again this time. *sigh* Shucks being an adult eh?

No comments: