Thursday, December 30, 2010

Road trip to Simpang Mengayau

Just in case you have no idea where Simpang Mengayau or the tip of Borneo is, look at the Sabah map below and if you can find the red transparent dot, that's where Simpang Mengayau is. Our road trip journey started as early as 7.30am. Of course, I had a hard time to wake up and get ready since I slept quite late thanks to Starbucks' Toffee Nut Latte that I had the day before.

Our first stop was in Tuaran where we had what else but Tuaran Mee for breakfast! Then, went to fill up the petrol and off we go to the tip of Borneo! Didn't made any other stops except for one 'emergency' stop at a random sundry shop because Simone needed to go the toilet. Well, turns out the state of the toilet that she went into was...totally unacceptable! Hahaha.

Passed by Kota Belud, Kota Marudu and Matunggong and each part of these town has a lot of beautiful scenic view. We finally reached Simpang Mengayau around 12.30pm and the sun was already trying to kill us at that time. I was seriously amazed on how blue the sky was and also how amazing the view was too. I'm blessed to be born and raised in Borneo :)
Tuaran Mee is the shiznit!
A glimpse of Tuaran town.

The driver and navigator.
View of Mount KK.

Tip Of Borneo

Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
I was ever ready to bring my tripod the night before but I totally forgot to bring it to
the road trip and I only  realised it when we were around Kota Belud fml!
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo

We didn't stay long because it was insanely hot...like I've said, the sun was trying to kill us. We decided to go and have a quick drink but got so disappointed on our drinks because it wasn't cold enough. The waitress told us that they ran out of ice cubes so there was no 'ommpph' in the coke that I was drinking. So we drove down to the beach and hung out there for a while and did our annual Christmas exchanging gifts as well. Loved my gifts! In fact, I love all my birthday and Christmas gifts that I've received this year.

Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Tip Of Borneo
Brought along my Fuji Instax Mini along for experiment. Wasted 3 films because  it was
too overexposed by the sun -__-
The 3 hours journey was indeed very tiring. My salute to Eve for being the driver and the only one who was wide awake throughout the journey. I kinda fell asleep here and there since I was the passenger sitting behind hehe.We finally reached KK city around 8-ish at night. Had a light dinner in Upperstar Segama and I decided to order a bottle of cold beer, you know just to commemorate the end of our road trip and also to quench our thirst. I knew the first sip of a cold beer is always the best!

We shall do this again! Cross our fingers and hope that our Jakarta trip that we're planning to go in May 2011 will happen. I love my sumandaks :) Soooo...any plans for New Year's Eve? I texted my colleague yesterday to ask about the new semester's timetable. Well, I have a 9.30am class on next Monday and the not so great part is, that morning class is my least favourite subject to teach. According to Ivan, KL is gonna give me hell. So true indeed hahaha.

P/S: View my flickr album for larger images.

4 comments:

maslight said...

Yer I didn't get to explore the beach when I was there the last time *jealous.

Santafire said...

sa lagi ni orang kudat yg langsung tia perna p mengayau ni.

Vivien Dumpangol said...

massy: hehe...still can go. the beach is awesomeee!

santafire: hahaha, i thought u pernah pigi sana sudah. i wanna go to kampung matunggong! mau tingu how they make the gongs.

Anonymous said...

I Saw 1 familliar face, evelyn, i dnt knw hw d hell did i end up here