Monday, January 31, 2011

January 2011 playlist

This year for every month, one of the things that I'm gonna start posting here in my blog is my monthly playlist; you know just to document all the songs that I liked listening to in one whole year. Honestly, my music knowledge is not exactly that wide to compare to some of you. Most of the songs I listen to these days are pretty much what you've heard on the radio but listening to commercial songs can be a pain sometimes especially when it's been overplayed on the radio hence the reason why I only prefer to listen to selected radio stations now. (like Traxx, Capital, Mixx and Lite and internet radio on iTunes)

Sometimes I get too comfortable on a particular singer/band, I don't intend to discover more new music. Anyway, I hope I can change that because I believe there are still a lot of good musicians that I've yet to discover. I still listen to my fair share of R&B and Hip Hop, not forgetting pop and rock as well. I recently just started listening to the French band Phoenix and I am really digging their music now! I know they've been in the music industry for quite a while, but this is what I meant when I said I don't tend to discover new music once I get too comfortable with a singer/band. So technically, I can be a little bit outdated at times.

Anyway, you might like my choice of songs and you might not even like it at all. But do know that sharing is caring right? I would love you to recommend me songs to listen! Any genre, but I'm not really into heavy metal/gore/goth music though. A little bit of country and electro here and there is still fine...oh, and boybands too!

3 comments:

maslight said...

Music on tv series also hard to get. Indie pop/rock are nice. Lately I listen a lot of RnB, Dance and Electronica. ;D

Chrystal Giam said...

I have Phoenix in my song collection too!

Kekeke~ I can recommend good Korean indie songs~ LOL, but there's this song which i think is an edgier rock version of Katy Perry – Mrs. Actually by The Like ^^

Also, there's this monthly collection of modern music from all around the world that's circulating on the web, called the Music Alliance Pact. ^^

Last but not least, I have http://wakingupto.wordpress.com on my Google Reader. They're from Singapore and they review good indie songs there :D

And how's CNY? ^^

Vivien Dumpangol said...

chrystal: thank you for the recommendations! will have a look at the site hehe~