Thursday, February 10, 2011

CNY Kundasang Trip

Hello! I am back in PJ now and I've been back to work since Tuesday. But since the students only come back to college on Wednesday, my colleagues and I have been kinda slacking off, trying to ignore work the entire Tuesday haha. My CNY holiday has been good! How about yours? Though it's a pretty short holiday, I am still glad I am able to go back home because nothing beats home man. True story! I always feel a tinge of sadness when it is time to head back to the west :(

Anyway, as I have mentioned before, I went to Kundasang with my mum and relatives from Tawau on the eve of CNY, which was also the day I arrived KK. Didn't get enough sleep the night before so I slept throughout the 2 hours+ journey to Kundasang. Since it is still raining season, it gets REALLY cold at night but it was alright because I LOVED being in Kundasang! Away from the city and close to nature :)

Sharing some pictures below:

We stayed in a semi-detached cabin in Kiram's Village Cabin which is located in Mesilau. Pretty nice place to say. I actually loved all the different kind of flowers that you can find there. Click here to check on the website. Nothing much to do when we arrived there except for preparing dinner because it was already evening. Had a mini reunion dinner and the food was good! My cousins are great in cooking heheh.

Mum, Aunty and Uncle.
The next morning, the weather was fairly nice to us. Wished I woke up earlier to catch the sunrise and the awesome view of Mount KK. Right after breakfast, all of us went down to Ranau...Kampung Luanti to be exact for an all natural fish spa in Sungai Moroli. I seriously didn't expect the fishes to be sooo big and word of advice, try not to go there during  a public holiday because it tends to get crowded.

Kundasang
Kundasang
Kundasang
Kundasang
Kundasang

Approved by Koo Kien Kiat hahaha.





















Found vintage paperdolls for only RM0.50 each!




















Decided to go to Poring after that but I've predicted the place would be crowded as well and boy was I right! So we head home to rest and soon it was dinner time. It was raining throughout the night so again, we couldn't do much or go anywhere so I ended up watching re-runs of How I met Your Mother and surprisingly, went to bed extra early.



















Hot Spring, Ranau
Hot Spring, Ranau

The last day in Kundasang, we made a quick visit to two places, Mesilau Heritage Site (but didn't went in though) and also Desa Dairy Farm to see them cows and to buy milks too hahaha.

I would LOVE to go back to Kundasang again, maybe for a weekend gateway or something. Not sure when but if I can still go there within the year, I wouldn't miss the chance to do so. Once in a while, it is good to be somewhere out of the big city and just have a nice laid back time with family and friends. Thank goodness Sabah is blessed with all these beautiful places kan!

Kundasang
Mount KK
Kundasang





















Well, hope this year's CNY was good for you. I didn't receive that much ang pows but then that's not really the important reason to celebrate CNY right? Okay, lunch break is over...I'm off to class now. Have a good week!

2 comments:

Santafire said...

I like the instax over-the-scene shot!

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hehe thank you!