Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Coming home

Remember my friend Ken? Well, the last time I hung out with him was about 3 months ago. He has been crazy busy with his work that he probably works 24/7 with only limited time to rest. Crazy right? I guess what Peter Parker's (Spiderman) uncle said was agreeable. With great power comes great responsibility. As a his friend (not even sure he considers me as one of his best friends or not), I just hope he'll take care of himself and his health too. God knows whether he has had enough sleep or rest for the past few months. Anyway, this year's Petronas Chinese New Year TVC was done by him again! and I gotta say I liked this one a lot. Plus he's in this TVC too, acting a short scene that sure means a lot to him. It was just like what he had told me about the day before his mother his mother passed.

It's simple and yet beautiful. Gives a little reminder to us to come home and spend good quality time with families whenever we can. I think as parents grew older, their demand on us isn't that much anymore. When we stay away from them and living a busy life, all they wish for is our success in whatever we're doing and to make time to go home and visit. It is those simple things that matters to them now. I remembered my mum told me when I decided to head over to the west side to work, she did reminded me to come home whenever I have the time to. So far I am blessed that I am able to do that despite having to fork out $$$ for the air ticket and making my personal savings to be in an unstable state at times. But it was all worth it when you can have the chance to spend time with your loved ones. Your family are the ones who will be there for you through thick and thin. So go home, whenever you can! And watch the TVC cos according to Ken, he wants the views go up to 100k. Maybe he'll get rewarded after that :P

Speaking about home, I am heading back to KK tomorrow! Flight is as early as 7am and once I reach KK, I'll be going all the way to Kundasang with my mum and relatives from Tawau. Yes, another road trip :D but I bet it's freaking cold in Kundasang now. I'm feeling a little bummed that I can only spend 5 days in KK cos it's a pretty short trip. But at least I can be home to celebrate CNY. That is what matters right? Here's wishing you a very prosperous Chinese New Year and may you be blessed with a lot of happiness and awesomeness.

1 comment:

Sabahan Bloggers Club said...

Happy Chinese New Year to you.

"兔年吉祥!
Tù nián jí xiáng!
Good Luck in the Year of the Rabbit!"

From:
lunaticg.
SBC Admin.
Sabahan Bloggers Club.