Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Forever young+give a little

(image taken from: weheartit.com)

This post is dedicated to: Simone Rebecca.

You know, it's a really nice compliment when someone be it a person you know or a random stranger thinks that you still look young. I mean, everytime someone said that to me, I secretly am screaming a big YES inside my head :D I remembered during Valentine's Day, when I followed Ivan and his friends to Opera, the bouncer even asked for my ID hahaha! Anyway, yesterday I received a Facebook message from an old high school mate whom I haven't seen for a long time. We were classmates once, back when we were in Form 3 and then right after I finished high school, I never see her again.

Thankfully for Facebook, we're able to reconnect again. What made me happy was not only I was glad that my friend still remembers me but she also mentioned that I still looked young! Yes, that totally made my day hahaha. Well, my friend still look young as well since she's quite a petite size and we're the same age but the only difference is, she's married with a kid.

I told my best friend the reason why people still think we looked young was because we're still not attached with anyone yet. To which she replied, "So in order to stay young, we should always stay single?" Well...not necessarily. Of course, I would like to get married and be mother someday but that'll be a long way to go -__- So I told her, the secret of being young is to stay healthy (remember to eat your GREENS) and to smile always. Oh, not forgetting dress up your age, less make up (or none at all) and monitor your beer belly if you're the type of person who loves to drink cos having a beer belly will make you look like an 'Uncle' or in Sabah we say, 'macam bapa-bapa' hahaha. (This applies to female as well :P)

I'm sure there's still a lot of ways on how to stay young but to be honest, I don't think I am that young anymore. There's probably a few things that I felt like, "Man, I'm too old for this stuff," Like staying up late until the break of dawn. Used to be able to do that, now...not so much. I guess whatever we do, we all deserve to have fun, enjoy the simple things,  to laugh more,  to give a little heart and soul & let our body lose control...as what this brand new video from Hanson is telling you :) If we're able to do that, then we will always be young at heart right right right?

I ❤ this video! And Hanson too of course. Check out Taylor holding a yellow Holga camera in one of the scenes. *swoon*

1 comment:

Santafire said...

sometimes I think that way too... aiya, im too old for this suda etc.

But I'm never too old to tie my hair up in pigtails XD things like that confuse ppl of how old I am, maka bole trip muda knun.