Thursday, June 30, 2011

The new sardine can lomo

(source)
New lomo camera has just been released recently and it's called La Sardina! The designs were inspired by vintage sardine cans and I gotta say, I am in love with it. The colours, the typography, everything just looked lovely! If I were to choose, I would probably go for the green one (which is called Marathon) or the white one (Sea Pride) but then, any colours would be just fine! I went to Photo Crafts in Pyramid during lunch hour today and these babies are on sale there already :D Contemplating whether I should get it or not since I've been wanting a Diana F+ and FishEye so I don't know yet. I might get it for my birthday, at least there's a reason to buy one right? Hahaha...

Specs for La Sardina (taken from lomography.com)


Features• Mindblowing Wide-Angle Lens
• Rewind Dial that makes multiple exposures easier than ever before!
• Film cartridge window on the rear of camera - to see what film you're   shooting.
• Easy-to-use focusing with two simple settings
• Bulb setting for night-time and long-exposure experimentation
• Screw-in Cable Release Option
• Incredible collection of unique La Sardina editions – a design for every mood and occasion
• Comes with a special open-spine book to serve as your inspiration

Technical Specifications: • Film Type: Standard 35mm (135)
• Exposure Area: 36mm x 24mm
• Lens Focal Length: 21mm
• Aperture: Fixed f/8
• Angle of view: 89 degrees
• Shutter Speed: Bulb (B), 1/100 (N)
• Closest Focusing Distance: 0.6m
• Focusing Steps: Two Step Focusing -- 0.6m-1m, 1m-Infinity
• View Finder: Inverse Galileo-Type Built-in Viewfinder
• Film Counting: Auto Film Counting
• Film Stopping: Yes
• Multiple Exposures: Yes
• Cable Release Connection: Yes
• Tripod Mount: 1/4' Tripod Screw
• Shutter Release Lock: Shutter Locks After Lens Collapsed
Camera TypePoint & Shoot
Micrositehttp://microsites.lomography.com/la-sardina
Film Type35mm
Mindblowing wide-angle lens and multiple exposures? That's pretty cool eh?

On the other note, it's been a while since I shoot something from an analogue camera...I still haven't finish the roll from my Supaheadz UWS since I haven't been going out to interesting places -___- But I might have a chance to snap some photos during Urbanscapes which is in 2 weeks time! Anyone else going?

No comments: