Monday, August 08, 2011

Taking away the monday blues

My first summer mix swap CD.
Carambar lollies :)
Another vintage postcard!
If you don't already know, I LOVE receiving and sending mails a lot. I also love the feeling of opening my mailbox and discover there's a mail for me or a postcard. It's just this little things that can totally put a smile on my face. So this morning, while I was pretty occupied with what else but work pffft, the receptionist called me up and told me to go down and claim my package. I went down in an instant to get my package and I was happy to finally receive my first Mix CD swap that I've participated not long ago. The sender was from France, (name's Pascaline)...not only did she sent me a summer mix CD, she also included a vintage postcard which I absolutely adore, plus a few Garambar lollies too!

The songs in the mix CD are pretty cool too with the sounds of Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Kasabian and even The Mamas and The Papas :) Just wanted to say a big thank you to Pascaline for making my Monday better! I never really liked Monday and the fact that I had to wake up in the morning to go to work but today, my Monday was pretty good and I am thankful for that. I am still waiting for another mix CD, hopefully it'll arrive soon and I also hope the person will be kind enough to include some goodies too. I actually need to send one more mix CD but didn't really had the 'time' to make one so I hope the recipient won't be mad if he receives the mix CD late hehe. I'll try to get it done by this week.

I'll be totally busy this week since it's the last week of the semester. Tons of grading to do, as per usual haha. I'm just trying to get everything done so that I don't need to bring any work at home. Might even have to miss running session with the colleague at Taman Tun tomorrow :( Anyway, I hope you guys had a great weekend and as the brand new week commence, I wish you guys have a blessed one. On the other note, I am missing my mum. She's been quite stressed with some stuff...I think it is time for me to help and make her stress go away :/

P/S: Man Utd won the Community Shield match against Man City last night! What a great comeback at Wembley Stadium huh? I look forward for the new season to start, with some new signings in Man Utd like the new *hot* goalie De Gea (Van Der Sar you are a legend!), Smalling and Phil Jones...all these young guns might have the potential to make it big in the team.

Okay, enough football talk. Got to continue my work now.

4 comments:

Corina said...

Hello Vivien,
To make your Monday even better, can I tell you a secret?
Your other mixed CD was posted about a month ago, so it must be getting closer :)
Greetings from Argentina!
Have a wonderful week!

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hi corina!

so you are my other sender? cool. i look forward to receive the next cd swap :) thanks for the info hehe.

Corina said...

Yes, I am!
I hope you get the other mix soon and, of course, that you like it ;)
Have a nice day!

Celessa said...

Oh, this post is so sweet ! I'm so glad that it made your day better ! That was so fun to do ! Your blog is so pretty, and interesting, i'll follow you ! Take care xxx