Friday, September 09, 2011

Simple pleasures

I think it's really easy to put a smile on my face, provided if you know how to :) and one of the things that would always put a smile on my face is when I get to receive unexpected little goodies and also receiving mails. Lots of mails! In the span of 5 days, my mailbox has been filled with letters and postcards from random people all thanks to joining Postcrossing which I'm back on being active and also Swap-Bot. I'm currently addicted to Swap-Bot after discovering it about a month ago.

I also received unexpected gifts from Ivan, through his sisters who were fortunate enough to attend World Youth Day in Madrid recently. Got this little bottle of Holy Water from Lourdes, the place where the girl Bernadette saw Our Lady appearing to her and also a pink rosary which I love! Never owned a pink rosary before :) Really appreciate it! Yesterday when my mum called me up, she too, told me that she bought extra goodies for me from her recent trip to China eventhough I only asked her to get me postcards. With all the receiving that I got this week, it just made me felt truly blessed and thankful for these little things and simple pleasures in life. I guess I've always been the 'giver' and while I don't normally expect people to give back, receiving something especially when it comes unexpectedly will ALWAYS make my day a little more better.

Here are some photos that I would like to share:
Finally received my Sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project 2012.
I've got about 4 months to fill in my sketchbook...so I gotta to start drawing soon!
Mails!
Vintage car stickers postcard from USA.
Postcard from Taiwan.
Canada post box is so pretty! I like the way they applied the Typography around.
Will & Kate stamp! LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Moose stamp FTW! This is from Estonia.
Round stamp from Finland. I love this one too.
I also received 3 tea bags from participating Swap-Bot.
My colleague generously gave me this bird stamps from HK. Was eyeing the owl stamp and he
gave me all :)
Lourdes Holy Water and pink rosary.

Today is the first day of Rugby World Cup 2011, which is held in New Zealand! Though I've never watched a single rugby game live while I was studying there but I know that the Kiwis & Maoris have a really big respect on their very own rugby team, the All Blacks. No denying that they're  one of the best rugby teams in the world. Since NZ is still close to me in my heart, Imma support them all the way! If only I have cable TV at home, it would be great to watch the opening ceremony as well as the first match between NZ and Tonga even if I have absolutely NO IDEA how is the flow of a rugby game is haha. I'm sure the All Blacks are gonna be so badass performing the Haka dance too. 

Today also marks the 100th day of my first cousin, the late Abang Andrew's passing. There's going to be prayers in Kg. Dabak, tonight so if you're reading this and you're a relative or a friend, do come for the prayers as I can only be there in spirit :( Anyway, weekend's finally here! My first week of class wasn't so bad. I've got one class full of international students...a lot of them are from Indonesia, there's one from Bulgaria and another one from Cameroon. I was trying to be cool and all, when I talked to my Cameroon student asking him about football and Samuel Eto'o because that's the only thing I could think of about Cameroon -___- My geography is super fail dot com but in my defense, it was a good conversation starter okay! Hahaha. Well, I gotta go and continue my work now...I wish everyone a great weekend and a great Rugby World Cup season. All Blacks FTW! 

P/S: I had an awesome lunch today all thanks to my colleague who's also a really great cook! Another thing to be thankful for. Photos will be up soon.

Something to remember:
(via)

2 comments:

Ivan Ho said...

u should go to add my sister at facebook to thanks her.

Vivien Dumpangol said...

haha...okay, will do!