Sunday, October 23, 2011

Your own worst enemy

This year, I personally feel that I've been trying to be positive and keeping my head up in whatever circumstances or challenges that I need to face. Of course there are always problems from time to time be it with my own family, friends and work. But, I really do feel that I've been dealing with it much better than last year hence there is less crying and feeling overly depressed over things. I know it's a good thing for me to be able to handle my own problems better now.

Recently, I was informed about something at work and it was kind of a big deal to me since it involves me and my work ethics. Actually, it didn't really came out as a surprise for me because I admit, I do make mistakes too but the thing is, if someone else did noticed that I did something wrong at work, I would prefer he or she come to me personally and tell me about it. Tell me which area that I'm wrong and I could improve on that although, in my case, I can assure everyone that my mistakes was just half of it. The other half, I felt like I was accused over something that I never did.

To be honest, I'm not angry about this. I'm just quite dissatisfied that I had to hear about this from someone else instead of the 'accuser'. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the accuser. In fact, this person is someone that I look up to and respect since the day I came in to work. I just don't understand why can't 'this person' come and talk to me personally about this case instead of bringing it up without my knowing and let everyone talk about it behind my back. I mean c'mon, come and talk to me mano e mano and don't try and create more drama behind. Yes, I might have an overly sensitive heart and might cry if someone is giving a really honest opinion about me but I honestly believe that I can accept it.

I think that if I didn't learn how to forgive people, I would have soooo much rage in me and if I didn't learn how to deal with my problems better, I would probably be thinking about this 24/7 and  be extremely depressed. But whatever it is, I would take responsibility over the mistake that I did (I mean what choice do I have right? Haha) and all the thing(s) that I've been 'accused' at, I must really learn to speak up for myself. I'm quite surprised at myself on how calm I felt when I was informed about this case. So, the moral of the story is, beware of the people you trust because sometimes they might be your own worst enemy hehe. Better yet, trust no one. Well, only GOD and your family. That is all.

I guess what I can do now is just to not to think about it too much because it'll just be a waste of time and energy and not forgetting to  keep calm and carry on. The words from Mother Teresa will always be in my reminder list:

‟Do good anyway...in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”

On the happier note, I am finally going to Beijing today! In a few hours time actually. Not sure if I am gonna sleep since I normally sleep late on Saturday nights. Had to be in the college by 5am. That's freaking early lah. This is actually my first ever company trip so I don't really know what to expect. But still, very excited about going to Beijing, the capital city of China. Can't wait to see the magnificent Great Wall! In the meantime, have a good Sunday everyone. I'll be back in a few days and hopefully I will be able to update more.

P/S: I want ALL BLACKS to win RWC and Man Utd to win the BPL match against Man City! *fingers crossed*

2 comments:

Ivan Ho said...

u know what. those people who do things indirectly is the worst loser of all time, is not honest at all. Her/His mom give birth a face on his face but they wished their face are placed at the back of their body, that is y they cant face to face communicate, u cant blame them. they are just a joke but they think they are wise... just ignore this kind of joker & overcome it.

Vivien Dumpangol said...

hahaha...well, apparently in a work place we always seem to have to deal with these kind of people...no need to spend your time entertaining them...ignore and move on with our lives and party hard! that's better haha.