Friday, January 06, 2012

NYE 2011


(Music: Cousins by Vampire Weekend)


New Year's Eve 2011 was celebrated at another cousin's house next door and it was indeed good and fun! Me, Jay, Arnold and Aaron arrived there around 8 so that we were able to catch the BPL match between Man Utd vs Blackburn. It was also my very first time watching a football match on HD. I was in awe that I kept saying how clear the view was heh. Unfortunately, Man Utd lost the match which was quite a disappointment seeing that their performance from the previous two matches was good :/ So close to at least get a draw but I don't know what happened lah. De Gea, bring your game on man.

Few minutes before the match ended, Evor, Anne and the little princesses arrived to join in the NYE fun. There was an open karaoke marathon happening outside the house so Anne and I sort of made a pact that we definitely need to do karaoke because it was time for us to shine haha. Anyway, my cousins and their bros bought these big ass fire crackers and fireworks that somehow looked like grenades...really have NO idea where they got it from. So when the clock strikes 12, the fireworks display was super awesome! I think it was my first time ever watching an upclose firework display but Anne's little girls were so afraid that they didn't even bother to look up to see the fireworks haha.

After that, the party continues and indeed, Anne and I did get the chance to sing! But not for long because there's a drunk uncle who kept coming back and forth to our place and kept insisting to sing Shakira's Hips Don't Lie pfft. So, we ended up giving him the spotlight lah. Anyway, it was a fun night! Thanks to my cousins for organizing this little get together and were kind enough to invite us to join in the fun :)

No comments: