Monday, March 12, 2012

Blue Lana


You know what? I realised there is something wrong with this Lana Del Rey painting which I 've just finished last night. Actually I've realised that mistake for quite a while and that is, Lana's face shape is kinda out of proportion (it looks a little too big on the right side) and there seems to be something wrong with her upper lips too. Oh well, it's not a satisfying piece for me but I have never claimed that I am a great artist right? Haha...so the room for improving will always be valid for me. I personally think Lana Del Rey is beautiful but her music is err...too 'hipster' for me. I tried listening to some of her songs but it just doesn't speak to me.

I am thinking of doing a painting of a dragon next...but I am still planning it out since it requires a lot of details and all. We'll see how it goes. Anyway, I totally woke up late today and it's all because of the coffee I had on Sunday afternoon and being hooked to watching The Voice! But at least I didn't really had the Monday blues because I was reading something on the net and it made me smile real wide :D It's the little things you know...

6 comments:

V said...

Amazing. You sure are a gifted one.

Vivien Dumpangol said...

thanks a lot :) appreciate it hehe.

simone said...

i'm always amazed with whatever you do...love...

Vivien Dumpangol said...

thank you for always supporting this artist kampung hahaha!

Anonymous said...

always my pleasure :) there's something that i've been meaning to ask. i've noticed that most of your potrait painting is in blue. is there any significant as to why is it blue? ~Simone~

Vivien Dumpangol said...

actually i like to use blue colour because i felt like the colour is easier to control in terms of making colour tones from watercolour haha. just a colour preference...i am definitely using different colour in the next painting. i saw one TOP photo that i really wanna paint!