Sunday, March 11, 2012

Keep calm & call batman

My almost fail silk screen printing I recently did for Visual Com class.
Follow me on instagram! Username: viviendumpangol
Wow...after I wrote that long entry about Lee Hom's concert, I seem to have nothing to blog about anymore :/ But I feel like wanting to do an update here so...let me just do a boring post and share about my week. Well, this week has been pretty good. There were some downs like me having that no self confidence issue again pffft. I felt like I am in this tough situation where I am assigned to be the 'leader' in handling the art direction for an upcoming exhibition that my department at work is organising. Why I felt lie that was because I realised my design 'mojo' is slowly fading...which is not a good thing hence I can't really think of a super bombastic idea for the exhibition identity and that made me really depressed! It's not that I don't have any ideas but it seems to me that my ideas were a little too simple? Like there's no depth in it. So it was just one of those days where I felt kinda down...and it totally reminded me so much of my grad school days :( I know I really shouldn't feel like this all the time cos you know, I gotta set a good examples to my students BUT I am only human and in case you didn't know, I am a VERY emotional human.

I'm all good now. I *think* I somehow have grown and I'm able to handle this no self confidence issue a little better compared to last time. As long as I don't think about it too much, I'll be A-OK *crosses fingers* On the other note, on Friday, I had my printmaking class in the afternoon and surprisingly all my students were so productive that day. They were so eager to do their silkscreen printing experiment and I ended up staying in the crazy hot printroom for 3 whole hours helping all of 'em in whatever I can. When the class ended, I walked back to the office smiling at myself because this was THE most productive class that I've had for the last 2 months! Not to say my other classes weren't that productive but the eagerness to learn from the students at my Friday's class was something that I haven't felt in a while. I am indeed thankful of my students for making my Friday better. I am also hoping to see the eagerness energy on them again next week and also they'll do their best in the final project.

Weekend was not so bad either. Merl came to hang with me in the afternoon and we had late lunch and coffee :) Always nice to get some family love if you haven't been having any in a while haha. So right now, I'm just chilling in my room, listening to the radio commentary for the EPL match between Man United vs Wes Brom from the telly and at the same time waiting for The Voice to finish downloading. Yes, I think I am shipping The Voice over American Idol now heheh. I don't know how will this brand new week be...I actually have to finalise the exhibition identity idea by this coming Thursday so the pressure is ON! I am really really hoping that everything will go on smoothly so if you're kind enough, please keep me in your prayers and you will be in mine, definitely.

Oh, this week I've also learned two things. Number one, the friends who cares about you, without you realising it are definitely a keeper. Number two: Forgiving a person is never easy but we can do it if we humble ourselves. Heard this from the morning mass sermon today :) Hope you guys had a wonderful weekend!

P/S: Man United is sooo winning this match! And the race for the Premier League title is so on. Don't forget to watch the All England Final later! LCW FTW!

2 comments:

Ivan Ho said...

very like!!! i love the last paragraph, suddenly bright up the whole things.

Vivien Dumpangol said...

i am assuming the last paragraph would be the one about forgiveness right? and not about the manchester united part? hahah...yeah, i was totally awake from daydreaming when the priest said that in church yesterday. simple but give a huge impact.