Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Those special days

It was Mother's Day on last Sunday but I it is still never to late to send my wishes to all the mommas out there right? I was close to tears towards the end of the Sunday mass last week because when the priest called all the mothers to stand in front for Mother's Day blessing, I suddenly thought of my mum  because I usually will attend mass with her back home. I haven't been celebrating Mother's Day with my mum in a while and I guess I kinda miss celebrating it even though my mother is not exactly fond of big celebrations.

To be honest, it's not really easy to understand my mum. During my teen-angsty years, I didn't even feel the need to be close to her...it seems like I'd rather mind my own business that caring about others. Yes, that was years ago but you know what they say, when you're older you get a little wiser so I understand now, like truly understand how BIG is her contribution to my family. My mum may not be the most kind-hearted person, but she is the most hard working person that I know and she still is! Maybe it's her Lee (李) family legacy that made her a hardworking person haha. Come to think of it, I don't even know how to repay her after all she had done for me, my brother and my dad. But I know my mum has never put high expectations on us, you know things like we must get straight As or we must go in to Science stream and become a doctor, etc. All she wanted was seeing her children to be capable of being independent, know how to earn money and have goals in life.

Looking at where I am right now, even if I still am not a successful person yet, I just hope that she'll be proud of me. I pray for her happiness and good health always. I also pray that God will always  shower her tons of blessings in the years to come. I'm not a momma's girl or a daddy's girl, I think I never was hence showing affection to my family is pretty awkward. But they comes first after God so, they're always the people that I will pray for everyday. Happy (belated) Mother's Day Ma!

It's Teacher's Day today...it kinda applies to me too right? Since I am in the education line. So here's wishing all the educators a Happy Teacher's Day! Students can be a pain sometimes but they can be a great motivators for us too.

No comments: