Saturday, August 11, 2012

Aztec owl

I have been neglecting my blog again...but I have been busy and I still am! Plus the London 2012 Olympics is such a distraction that I felt like watching all the games at all time hehe. Been enjoying watching it so far thanks to youtube for the live streaming. So yeah, I guess those are my reasons for not updating the blog often. But come to think of it, there's nothing much going on with me these days either. It is finally the end of semester! I know my students are looking forward for the holidays cos I do too. Well, not that I will have 3 weeks holiday like my students do but a break from going to classes is already  enough. I've got one more week before I fly to the land down under *excited*

Anyway, I realised that I haven't been painting a lot and I really hope I can find the time to do more before the year ends. I also know that I kinda owe people some paintings too at I have yet to paint it for them. I assure you, the paintings will arrive in your hands soon haha. My request is just to believe and have faith that I will be able to paint something nice okay! You know how I always have this problem that I am never good enough pffft.

I am back to painting owls...using Designer's Gouache because I kinda need a break from watercolour and portraits. Decided to implement the aztec pattern as well since it's the 'in' pattern these days. Might do another two of this aztec owl series :) If you are interested to buy this as print or iPhone/iPod cover, head over to my online shop at: http://society6.com/VivienDumpangol

Okay, back to work now. By the way, congrats to Pandelela Rinong for winning Bronze! Borneo represent yo.


No comments: