Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Second time Maroon 5

The thing about having a blog is, from time to time you'll be able to look through your archive and read posts that you've written years ago and after reading it you'll go, "I can't believe I wrote that!" Yeap, this always happen to me whenever I read back stuff from the archive. So I was looking through my archive yesterday because I knew I've written something about Maroon 5 way back when I was still in college and as expected, once I read it I felt like kicking my 20 years old self on the butt...if only I could turn back time that is. His voice is always in my head...and I can't stop thinking on how sexy he looks on This Love video....WTF super fangirl to the max pfffft. But hey, I was 20 at that time and 8 years have passed since. I have outgrown that phase already. Okay, just to be REAL honest, maybe I still have that 'inner fangirl' thing going on but not so much now. At that time, Adam Levine really had me at This Love video hahahaha.

Anyway, I managed to attend Maroon 5's concert for the second time last week :) Had to pay the ticket price a little more than last year and actually I wasn't even planning to go but since Jess wanted to and deep in my heart I wouldn't mind seeing the band for the second time, we decided to attend the concert!  Having seen Maroon 5 last year, I knew the concert would still be good. Adam Levine, sounds awesome singing live and very hot as well haha. The opening number was Payphone...didn't except that to be the opening number but I guess it's because that's one of their new songs this year. I am still VERY glad that the band performed Sunday Morning! Like I've said, that is my all time favourite Maroon 5 song. Then they also did performed some of the older tracks that I am also familiar with like Harder To Breathe, If I Ever See Your Face, Won't Go Home Without You, Misery, and This Love. 

I haven't really took the time to listen to their latest album...oh, did I mentioned that I bought their 'Overexposed' album on the day I got robbed and basically I lost that album as well :( Anyway, they did performed some new songs as well but I wished they'll perform Beautiful Goodbye too. That's a really beautiful song. Try and listen to it here. There were some surprising moments during the concert like when Maroon 5's lead guitarist James Valentine took the stage and sang The White Stripes' Seven Nation Army while Adam Levine was on the drums! I think that was one of my favourite part of the concert. They also performed Stereo Hearts, which also was quite unexpected because I thought that song is usually performed by Travie McCoy? Well, the final song was of course none other than Moves Like Jagger which made everyone turned into dancing mode...okay, almost everyone. It was a good concert and I enjoyed it very much. If they were to come again, I still wouldn't mind to see them once more haha. 

The only problem that we encountered that night was trying to get a cab to go home. It took us almost an hour to wait for a cab pffft. The next concert that I'm gonna attend will be in a month's time. I have warned Simone earlier that when the concert day comes, it will be INSANE. I've experienced the insanity when I went to purchase BIGBANG's concert tix two months ago and I am sure the insanity will double up on the concert day itself.

Last year's post on Maroon 5 concert here.

4 comments:

simone said...

from the pictures taken, it seems that you are nearer to the stage compared to last year's concert that we attended together...gorgeous as usual Mr Levine...

simone said...

BigBang's concert is going to be VERY LOUD and knowing the Msian fans there's a high possibility they'll trample us.....yikes...

Vivien Dumpangol said...

yeap it was much more nearer than than the one we attended last year. BIGBANG's concert is definitely gonna be insane and everyone will go beserk once they come out. ya, takut juga if we kena trample kan hahaha.

simone said...

for BigBang's concert, we really need to be careful with ourselves or else we're sandwish...and i seriously need to adjust the setting of my camera and need a bigger size of SD card...