Monday, October 22, 2012

That Malacca trip

The last time I visited Malacca was...almost 10 years ago! Wow, it has been THAT long. I remembered the first time I visited Malacca, I was 11 years old, fat and a very moody kid. I also remembered wearing my 黎明(Li Ming) t-shirt that my mum bought for me in Malacca too. You may laugh and wonder why on earth do I have a t-shirt with Li Ming's face but back in the 90s, he was very famous and I really liked him a lot! Then I visited Malacca twice during college time and after I left college, I haven't been there eversince. So when my colleague asked me if I wanted to join her on a field trip with  the students, I immediately said yes because it's a good opportunity to get away from the city and I also wanted to see how Malacca looks like now since I haven't been there in a long time.

Well, it was a pretty good trip although I wished we could stay a little longer so we can see more stuffs in Jonker Walk at night and also the karaoke competition for veterans...but I still had a good time. Malacca, just like Penang is full of history. I loved the fact that a lot of the old buildings and houses were still preserved until now. A lot of the shops are still using a very retro/old-skool typography for their signages and there's also a lot of cultural stuffs that you can see and learn there. We brought the students to visit the Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum because it was part of their research that they had to do and then to the Cheng Hoong Teng Temple, also as a part of their research. 

I also managed to catch up with my old college buddy, Ben whom I haven't seen in a while as well. He purposely took the bus home from Singapore to Malacca just so we can meet up hehe. Thanks bruh! Thanks also for bringing us around on a little Jonker Walk tour. Will definitely come and visit Malacca again when the time is right :) The whole month of October, my Saturdays are filled with activities...not that I'm complaining cos it's good to do something fulfilling right? Two weeks ago was the Nike Run marathon, last week was the Malacca trip and then this coming Saturday is the concert that I've been patiently waiting for...BIGBANG! If only you can see how crazy excited I am hahaha. But apart from that, there's also work that needs to be done in the office. Currently trying my best to finish the lecture kit and also I've got few appointments with students who wanted some 'personal tutoring', if you know what I mean hahahaha. Okay, I'm kidding but yes, I'm meeting up with students to guide them on their final project, which I hope I will be give something beneficial to them. 

I guess my next update will be in another week's time? I'm living this motto at the moment: Work hard, play hard. Hope you'll have a good week. Enjoy the photos!

Had Nyonya Laksa and Cendol for lunch. That cendol was sooooo good!
Oriental wall art. Love it!
Me and my good ol' college buddy, Ben.
Love this mural!
Wished I can stay and watch the karaoke competition here!

No comments: