Monday, December 17, 2012

Twenty Eight

When I was a teen, I've never given much thought about marriage or getting married because I was...you know, in that 'boyband' phase and marriage didn't really came into my mind a lot. But, I remembered stating that if I were to get married, the ideal age would be 28. Well, I am 28 today and what do you know, marriage is still way out of the picture *yikes* Okay, it's not that I'm really desperate or anything...in fact I still don't really think about marriage seriously at the moment BUT there are times that I do wonder you know...whether I might or may not and it's kinda scary seeing that I am not that young anymore although I still wish I am heh. I attended a Registration of Marriage ceremony of my friend's sister recently and what really caught my attention on that day was not only the whole atmosphere but that simple speech made by the bride's best friend.

 She mentioned about having faith and always putting trust in God because at the end of the day, God will always give us the number one choice, not second or third. Right at that moment, I was trying so hard not to cry because I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of everyone. I find the words are so relatable and again serves as a reminder to me over and over again that even if I haven't achieved that much, even if I haven't met that someone yet...if I put my trust in God, He will definitely give the best for me.

I wonder why I worry too much or even doubt myself a lot when I know God has given me so much...even though I might not realise it or even notice it in an obvious way. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that I know I still have not much at the age of 28 but I guess God probably has other great plans for me. I mean I'll hit the big 3-0 in two years time and who knows what will happen within this two years. I just have to constantly remind myself to always have faith in God's plan for me cos after all, he did ask us to trust in Him right? Damn, why do I always feel a little mellow during my birthday now? 

Well, I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, my mum...I think she kinda forgot that it's my birthday today...but that's okay! I also want to say a big thank you for my dear colleagues for organising a pre-birthday dinner and also the wonderful gifts that I received! To my cousin Jess, who was by my side while we do my birthday countdown on Sunday night haha and also becoming my birthday date today as well. I'm grateful that she's currently staying with me at the moment because it made me feel like I am not gonna be #foreveralone after all! Thank you Jess! To Merl and Simone for calling me at midnight...thank you! I'm very blessed and glad to still be alive and kicking at 28 :) I don't know exactly what I'm wishing for this year but if I were able to give more with joy and love,  then that should be good enough.

Sorry I haven't had the time to update my blog...I was extremely BUSY with work, I felt like I can't even sit down and catch my breath! Last week I had to finish all my gradings and the same time writing a friggin' workshop proposal for the Marketing people. This week I had to attend this teaching training thing for 4 days, starting today...on MY birthday! So basically I am very preoccupied with work and it kinda stressing me out! But the fact that I am heading home REAL soon, it really kept me motivated...so my current motto now will be: Work hard, play hard. Will try and update more soon! Thank you again for the wonderful wishes. Big virtual hug to everybody! 

No comments: