Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Let's do this twenty fourteen!

(via pinterest)

Every time we enter a brand new year, we are opening another new chapter in life. It's like we're pressing the re-start button once again to commemorate another fresh start. We make resolutions and goals throughout the year in the hopes that we will be able to achieve the goals by the end of the year. Then when another brand new year arrives, we'll do the same thing all over again. Just like everyone, I too like to make a list of new year's resolutions but I've realised that keeping a promise to yourself in  achieving your goals can be hard. Real hard. Hence by the 6th month of the year all the great plans that you have seems to be slowly slipping away. Of course, for those who are very dedicated and disciplined in fulfilling their resolutions, good on you! And for those who just like me, might find it really hard to achieve our goals, we should never give up. For real haha.

Anyway, happy new year! I hope the past 7 days of 2014 has been treating you good so far. I came back to work last Friday to see my table filled with more Christmas gifts from my colleagues. Didn't expect they'd still gave me more gifts since they've celebrated my birthday and we already did our annual gift exchange before I went back to KK. I didn't even managed to get them individual gifts due to my budget and only gave them my owl Christmas card instead. I felt so loved haha. Thank you so much! Actually, I could've just stayed in KK till the weekend instead of coming back and work on Friday but...I think that 12 days of holiday was already good enough. So here I am back at work and ready for my classes! Well, not exactly ready cos I'm probably having a mini post-holiday blues and it makes my brain not functioning that well while at work heh. Need to be more productive after this week!

I'm not really sure if I should make any resolutions unless I am truly one hundred percent sure I am able to achieve it but I think making weekly goals would be much easier to do cos basically you only need to think about the things you need to fulfill every week instead of something that is more long-term. BUT, making resolutions can also help me to learn and improve myself in different aspects be it with my work, my faith, my attitude...etc. So this year, I'm gonna make a few and will try my very best to keep working on my goals till the end of the year. Oh, this year is also an important year for me cos I will be turning the big 3-0...damn, I won't be able to use that phrase 'a twenty-something Sabahan girl' anymore haha. So yes, it is indeed an important year to do and achieve the things that I want before the number in my age changes.  This year, I want to work on getting my M.A degree because it is time for me to upgrade myself and get back into the student mode. Of course I still have tons of research to do within these few months before I decide to continue my studies and not forgetting the big $$$ as well. I also need to make sure that I am ready to be back to studying in a different environment where I will have to attend class the virtual way. Like I said in my previous post, I also want to *try* and kickstart my Etsy shop...okay not try but I SHOULD start it already. But I am lacking of artworks at the moment so if I don't motivate myself and work my ass off in creating more artworks then the idea of having an Etsy shop will just be a waste. I think I probably need to stay at the mountains or somewhere isolated so I will have time to draw/paint without any distractions haha.

These two plans are considered the most important/must do plan for me this year. Other than that, this year I want to take care of myself better. I need to believe in myself more, in my capabilities, in my skills and it what I can offer to the community. I am *slowly* gaining the courage to show my works more without having the thought of "I'm sure I still suck in drawing" or "He/she definitely can do better," I know I will get this thought again from time to time but if I don't reassure myself that I also have my own abilities, then no one will see it. It's probably gonna be a long process for me but I know God's with me all the time so there's nothing that can stop me hahah. Actually, I feel so damn semangat writing this but like I said, to see if I can achieve all my plans this year...well, that's gonna be a challenge.

On Monday, my colleague also asked me on my plans for 2014 and I jokingly said that I wanna fall in love hahaha. Of course, it was just a joke but deep down in my heart I know that I do want that experience but never got it because...I don't know why either. I was never out from this 'non-existent love life spell' since forever lol. It's kinda embarrassing to even write this out cos it seems like I'm a teenage girl yearning for love wtf. My best friend did told me that God will eventually gives you what you want when you are ready. God's timing, no matter how long it takes will always be worthwhile at the end. Being alone is not so bad. You just need to know how to make your life more interesting that is. Well, let's fill up 2014 with a lot of interesting stories and memories. Cheers to the freakin' new year!


No comments: