Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Visit to the lion city

I made a trip down to the lion city last weekend. The actual reason on me being in Singapore was to attend YG Family Concert with two of my friends. This concert...well, it cost a HUGE fortune and I didn't felt like attending at the first place due to my current financial situation BUT since if *could* probably be my last K-concert in my life, I gave in and decided to go. Plus, I've got to see not only BIGBANG but the rest of YG Family artistes (ie. 2NE1, Epik High, Winner & Psy). I shall blog about that concert in another post.

Anyway, back to the lion city...this is only my second visit to Singapore. The first time I visited this country, I was only 10 years old and I couldn't remember much but I did remembered  my family and I was in Sentosa and we took a boat cruise to see some scary statues lol. So, 20 years later I finally got the chance to visit Singapore again. I only stayed two nights and since this trip was a budget trip for me, there was no chance to me to shop and I could only do a short sight-seeing around the city. I stayed in Bugis in a cabin hostel called Plush Pods. This hostel has a great location because it is like only 100 metres away from the MRT, there were row of shops around the area plus once you cross the road you'll be able to go to Bugis Junction and Bugis Street very easily. On Sunday, I had a couple of hours to spare before I head to the airport so I decided to be on full tourist mode and took the MRT to visit the Merlion and get a glimpse of Marina Bay Sands. Then I went back to Bugis, walked further down and also made a visit to the national library and the design centre. If only I had more time, I would've made a visit to Marina Bay and Orchard Road too but oh well, I guess I shall plan for another visit to Singapore again someday...provided that I am financially okay first and when I finally can buy another digital camera haha.

Singapore is pretty much similar to Malaysia. The people, the foods, the language...they're just the same. Of course there is no denying that Singapore is effing clean and the public transport system is well-organised. There are a lot of nice designed buildings around as well which was really fascinating to see. But aside from all these, gotta give much love to my own country too after all, it is where I was born and raise. I just hope that Malaysia will soon be a better country for the future generations.

I always find venturing alone is something that I truly enjoy because it is much easier to plan my route and list out the places that I wanted to visit. I mean, I do enjoy venturing to new places with my friends and family as well but not all of them would share the same interest as me so I am always okay with venturing places by myself. Taking the MRT here is actually very easy since I've learned looking at subway lines while I was in Seoul last year. All you need to know is which line colour you need to take to reach your destination, whether you need to change different lines and also know which exit to go to. Take it from a person who takes the public transport ALL the time here in KL haha. I guess practice makes perfect :)

One more thing, the heat in Singapore can be really crazy...so do bring your sunblock, sunnies and hat if you know that you need to walk a lot. 

Kallang Wave Mall, a shopping mall just right next to Singapore Indoor Stadium.
That's Singapore Indoor Stadium where the YG Fam concert was held.
Attended the 8am Sunday Mass at St. Joseph's Catholic Church, located in Victoria Street Bugis.
Capital Mall, Bugis. I love the design of this building.
My main commute in Singapore.
Merlion!
Marina Bay Sands on the opposite side.
The many ways of people tourist taking a picture with the Merlion lol. #asiansatwork

Silver Arts Celebrating Seniors & The Arts Exhibition in National Library Plaza.
F1 cars made out of card box.
Love these postcard designs :)
Changi Airport.
And it's back to KL City!

No comments: