Friday, March 13, 2015

Art challenge #1

The outcome for our first art challenge. Which one is your favourite?

WIP.

In between juggling my time with work and assignments, there was this art challenge that I decided to do with some of my colleagues. The deadline was today and I only started my painting two nights ago and completed it last night while catching up with episodes of The Voice. (#TeamPharrell & #TeamXtina all the way) Yeap, as always I am 'the last minute woman' lol but I do have a legit excuse and it was because I was rushing like mad trying to finish one of my assignments to submit, which I finally did on last Saturday. Wasn't satisfied with the outcome because I really felt like I've not enough time executing the designs out *sigh* Gotta blog about this on another post. Oh well, what's done is done and there's no turning back anymore.

This art challenge is like an 'art therapy' to me cos after being swamped with work, classes and doing my own assignments, it is a nice feeling to be able to take a little break and not be worried about things. Honestly, I was so afraid that I would fall into the 'depression dungeon' again because I could felt it was creeping in slowly. Even told my cousins about it and they said it's not a good sign. But that moment when I managed to catch up with my cousins, I already felt so happy and told myself that there is just no point of bringing all these negative vibes around. I'm just thankful that I am able to keep myself calm throughout the weeks when I was rushing with my assignments. 

So this little art therapy is a good one for me. They say do what you love and love what you do. Painting is definitely one of my loves although I always wish I have more time to do it. I am also glad that my colleagues and I are able to finish our artworks within the deadline and judging from our skills, we all got it haha. Just to let you know, painting those raspberries are not so easy for me but I guess it looks alright after I added the white colour highlights. Looking forward to the next art challenge but in the meantime, I gotta finish up another group assignment for submission next week.


No comments: