Monday, June 22, 2015

Father

I don't really know what I felt about Father's Day. It used to be something very special to me, but now...I just don't really know how I felt about it anymore. Looking at fathers hugging their children while making the peace sign during mass makes me yearn for the same thing. Hearing the commentator wishing the priests (Father) a Happy Father's Day makes me happy because I know that being a priest and having the passion to serve the Lord is a huge sacrifice. Thinking about Lord, our Father gave me a warm feeling in my heart knowing that He's up there always watching and listening to us. Receiving a call from my own father last night was a great surprise to me but his simple word of thanks was probably something that I've been wanting hear. Then, I could feel tears slowly streaming down from my eyes....and oddly, Lite.fm was playing Fergie's Big Girls Don't Cry song at that time.

No comments: