Saturday, January 23, 2016

2015 recap

A little late to do this recap but as they say, better late than never :) I listed down 5 highlights in year 2015. There's definitely more but then, I wouldn't want to bore you with a freaking long list of things...so five is just good enough!

1. Braces Off!
After wearing braces for 1 year 6 months...I officially took it off in May 2015 and the result was definitely very rewarding! In an odd way, I kinda miss wearing braces now even though I hate getting all the food stuck around lol. I had a very bad set of crooked teeth for years and I wondered why it took me so long to finally get it fixed. But hey, it's better late than never right? Now I can smile without having to think about that crooked two front teeth. Only problem is that I am a serious coffee/tea drinker hence my teeth is not sparkling white *sigh* 

Anyway, wearing braces does make you lose weight but in my case, I re-gained my weight again cos obviously I eat a lot over the past year -_- Wearing braces also does change your face structure. I don't really see it but all my colleagues seen the difference so I'm pretty sure it really does  :) I personally would say that it was a good decision for me to wear braces, especially when I have serious crooked teeth, even the dentist advised me to do so since crooked teeth is prone to get cavities easily. So glad I did it :)

Brace yourself (don't mind the pun lol) for the before and after photo of my teeth. 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.


Smilin' like a winner haha. Taken the day after I took my braces off.
 2. My 1st Art Bazaar.
Well, in all honesty...it wasn't a success and I only earned enough to cover my transport expenses from my place to Berjaya Times Square for two days. I knew that there wasn't that much crowd that would be keen to buy artsy stuff in Berjaya Times Square, I mean I don't even visit that shopping mall very often. But, it was my first time and I thought why not just try right? Initially, doing this bazaar was to tie-in with my assignment for my MA study, since the plan didn't really worked out, I told myself to just give it a shot and see how it goes. It was actually a good experience for me to learn about this 'art bazaar' culture here in the Klang Valley. I met new people who has been in a bazaar scene more than me and they are very nice too! One seller who has a booth right next to me even bought me dinner on the last day of the bazaar :) I would love to do this again, but only when I am done with my studies and are able to produce more artworks. In the meantime, I'll just take my time to attend more art bazaars this year.





3. Painting.
I managed to do a couple of paintings in between juggling with my work and study throughout the year. Of course having the time to paint is always something that I enjoy doing and I've mentioned before that painting is my art therapy, similar to those who has taken the interest with the 'adult colouring book'. I've compiled all the paintings that I've done last year and if you wanna know which one is my favourite? It is definitely the lobster and dragon fruit painting! I really hope that I can paint more this year but again, all of these have to wait till I am done with my studies!


4. Bangkok!
I know Bangkok might not be as fancy as some other countries that my friends have travelled to. It's not Europe or the States or someplace exotic but I love the Bangkok vibe! It is my second visit to this city and I still love it a lot. Food is good, the people are always nice and willing to offer a hand, the stuff is affordable and even though the city is pretty much congested and hectic, it's that kind of 'vibe' that draws me to love the city. One of the highlights in Bangkok was to finally have the chance to visit Wat Arun temple with my colleague. It is a typical touristy spot but I am always fascinated with old buildings and monuments, especially those with intricate patterns. I also wanted to extend my thank you to my ex-college mates who was so kind enough to bring us around for food hunting lol. There was this street that we were brought to and basically we went from one restaurant to another just to try all the delicious Thai delicacies :) Definitely will be back for more.


5. That One Thing I've Learned
If there's one thing that I've learned in 2015, it will be...being over-caring will make things awkward haha. I mean, yeah...you know that there are times that I can be crazily over-caring towards people and the end result was not what I expected it to be. But of course that doesn't mean you can't continue to care...it's just that you gotta learn when to back the f*ck out from time to time. 

2015 has been an okay year for me...I mean, I didn't actually have any resolutions that I wanted to achieve but just to try my best and continue to hustle hard especially with my studies. But the struggle is so hard and I seriously have no idea how some people can do well managing their time in between work and study. In early March I had another bad breakdown, I remembered I cried for like 2 weeks straight because of my studies...now you're probably thinking, "Here she goes again...on and on with this crying tsk tsk" Well, it was just HARD during that period of time. I didn't had someone that I can go to and the only person that I actually felt like talking to wasn't exactly that 'supportive' anymore. I don't wanna elaborate more on this since I've already got through it anyway. One major thing that I still cannot control is definitely my own emotions...I even told my best friend that I might have a mild bipolar syndrome! But then, I don't know if I really have it or not hehe.

Anyway, that is just me. Sometimes, my emotions will really go haywire and if you've been reading my blog for years, you would know that I am just like that. Even though I've encountered some 'dark' times during the early months of 2015, there were a lot of good times as well like finally finishing my first year of my MA study! I'm on my final year now and will officially finish my study end of August this year. :) This year will be my crunch time year and hopefully I can manage my time a lot more better juggling different things at the same time. Thank you to my family, cousins, colleagues and friends for making 2015 another memorable one for me. I don't think I'm gonna make any resolutions this year but Imma stick to the Pope Francis' New Year's resolutions as a self reminder at all times. Happy New Year everyone! May 2016 brings you a lot more blessings, luck, peace, love and joy in whatever you do :)


No comments: